Whether you are feeling competitive, or just want to kick back and have some fun with friends then shooting clays is for you. One of the most popular experiences on offer at Humphreys of Henley when exploring English country activities and sports. Each shoot will be based on your level of experience and what you would like to get out of your time with us to ensure you love every moment of your experience of Exquisite England.Enquire about Experience
We work with many different shooting estates across a number of different counties up and down the UK, in both England and Scotland.
🏹Other Country Activities and Sports:
📆View our suggested itinerary:
🖤People who love Clay Shooting, also love...
(Click the images below to dive into more wonderful experiences!)
Imagine living the life of the English gentry for a day, pursuing the sport of kings and queens throughout the generations: the Humphreys team will make it happen for you.
You will be welcomed to one of our stunning English country estates, with the exclusive use of a woodland shooting lounge, or the manor house for elevenses, lunch and afternoon tea. Whether you want to fine tune your shooting skills or discover the enjoyment of handling a shotgun and breaking clays, the sense of achievement at the end of the experience will be yours to take away.
Your Experience can include:
- Personal collection from your hotel or home and chauffeured to your private estate within the beautiful English countryside, by car or helicopter.
- Private clay pigeon shooting with expert institution, which will include an introduction to clay shooting, firearm safety briefing and training on how to use a shotgun.
- Simulating a game shoot, with clays fired in a flurry of directions to challenge your eye and response.
- Delicious lunch/afternoon tea served in the shooting lodge or manor house.
- You can chose to include gun dog handling as part of your experience.
If you choose to take in a full day on a country estate, we can curate the ultimate day of country activities and sports as the English aristocracy do.
During the morning you will receive expert tuition using multiple clay traps and after a decadent lunch, prepared by a private chef, you can experience the thrill of a simulated shoot. This is as close to a game shoot as you can find - challenging your eye, direction and speed of response! We would then arrange an additional activity and estate tour in the afternoon to learn about how the shooting season is organised, the running of the estate and a defender ride across some of the most beautiful English countryside. Humphreys recommends adding a birds of prey experience to round out a fabulous day at an English country estate - fit for true aristocracy!
Additional country activities and sports to include in your experience:
- Air Rifle Shooting - using a .22 rifle, you will try to hit a number of different objects.
- Crossbows - these take some strength to load, but you will be amazed by their power and accuracy.
- Target Archery - a 'bare bow' style of shooting where you attempt to hit the target's bullseye.
- Duck Herding - great fun for everybody and those who wish to test their teamwork skills, as it's not quite as easy as it sounds!
Observing the traditions of one of the finest English gentry sports and the etiquette of clay pigeon shooting creates an authentic experience and is part of the enjoyment of the day. There is nothing more satisfying than breaking your first clay or hitting your first pair. Some estates make the following recommendations about dress code for the day:
- Tweed cap
- Shirt and tie
- Tweed shoot vest
- Light wool jumper for the colder months
- Tweed jacket or water-resistant jacket (green/khaki)
- Possibly gloves in thin leather
- Breeks (brown/green/beige)
- Long socks and gaiters
- Comfortable and waterproof hiking boots, ankle boots or wellington boots
The sport is a fabulously social activity encouraging competition among friends - giving you an experience fit for English aristocracy.
A job well done! I hope this message brings a smile to your face in knowing your efforts and care had an amazing impact on making lasting memories of our English experience in the country.
We had a truly amazing experience! Every detail was attended to and the whole adventure was complete perfection. Much thanks to you for dealing with all of our schedule changes and moving parts.
Thank you so much for organising such a splendid and successful day on Friday last, we and all our guests so much enjoyed the day and experience.
I would recommend you to anyone, your service cannot be faulted
Everything was splendid. We very much appreciate your fast action in setting up the day. Could not have enjoyed ourselves more thanks to you.